Dubai is considered the Pearl of UAE. Over the past few years Dubai has gained immense popularity for its growing economy. This emirate has attracted several immigrants and travelers from all over the world due to its favorable political and economical conditions.
Talking about traveling, travel tips are always a boon for people traveling for short or long durations to various parts of the world. Travel tips makes us aware about the place we are about to visit in advance. It becomes a lot easier for us to make proper arrangements before visiting the place. Dubai is a place which is understood to be dominated by people of Islamic traditions. Without a doubt most of the people residing in Dubai follow the Islamic customs and beliefs but the United Arab Emirates have declared itself as a neutral country since 1970 and has no disputes with any nation or country. Presently though it is located in the Middle East, UAE is one of the safest countries of the world with strict laws for one and all.
Before we get down to detailing the travel tips for Dubai, there is certain general information which everyone visiting Dubai should be aware of:-
- For people who want to visit Dubai for a few days or weeks, the ideal time would be between November to March. The temperature during this time is pleasant (about 20C) which adds on to make your holiday a memorable experience.
- Visitors should avoid the Ramadan period for their holidays. During this time Muslims generally fasts which starts from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. In between this time frame no one is allowed to consume food, drink or smoke in public.
- Visitors cannot purchase liquor from local shops for personal consumption. Tourists need to visit bars or nightclubs for the same.
- Dubai has turned out to be the safest place on earth due to its strict laws. Locals and tourists both have to strictly adhere to the laws in Dubai to avoid penalty or punishment.
- Dubai is a shopper’s paradise, but one should always remember to make a budget and stick to it while on your vacation. One may get tempted over the gold options or the low cost electronic items, but remember that your holiday should not pain your pocket.
- The usual shopping hours in Dubai are from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and again from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., though now most of the shops in Dubai and Abu Dhabi remain open throughout the day.
- Government offices are open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., though the private offices have different timing and work from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The government offices are closed during weekends which start from Thursday mid-day to Saturday morning.
- For tech- savvy people, most of the big hotels provide internet service and in case travellers are carrying their laptops with their modem and browsing software then they need to dial 500 5333 and get connected with internet service.
- Drinking in public places is a punishable offence to the extent of prison sentence. There is absolutely zero tolerance in matters of alcohol and driving.
- Import of any item from Isreal, whether it is reading material, any product or any other thing is strictly prohibited. Infact visitors who have previously traveled to Israel and have an Israeli visit-visa in their passport would not be permitted entry in the UAE.
TRAVELLING TIPS WHEN ACCOMPANIED WITH CHILDREN
Not only Dubai, the entire UAE has a family oriented culture and environment. Children are welcome and appreciated everywhere. Big hotels even have special kids menu to suit the requirements of kids. There are lot of parks and playing activities in and around the big hotels of Dubai. Though usually very small children do not dine out but in case they do they are welcomed anywhere. Baby sitters are available on request in big hotels of Dubai.
While visiting tourist places, children below the age of 12 generally qualify for discounts on entry tickets.
TRAVELLING TIPS FOR WOMEN TRAVELLERS
As already mentioned, the entire UAE is a safe country and so women travellers should not worry about their safety in Dubai. The laws in Dubai are much more liberal for women as compared to any other Gulf country; the women are allowed to work, drive etc. Single women traveling or women traveling alone are a not a common feature here so they may receive lot of unwanted attention here. It is best for women to stay in a 3 or 4 star hotel to enjoy even the luxury of the hotel’s private beaches.
With all these luxuries in hand the women tourists should however not forget that Dubai is basically a place which values traditions, so to avoid trouble they should behave and dress accordingly. Revealing clothes and extra fit jeans should be avoided at places away from the beach. The most comfortable attire to visit most of the places in Dubai would be a loose trouser and full sleeved cotton shirt.
While mixing with local groups the women travellers should wait for welcome gesture from the other end. Though a handshake is common courtesy gesture, but some religious Muslims may find that inapt, so wait till they extend their hand for a handshake.
TIPS FOR THE DISABLED TRAVELLERS
Dubai is well prepared to welcome the disabled travellers and to make them comfortable. Most of the five star hotels have special rooms for such travellers to make them feel comfortable. Public places, airports and even taxis have provisions to facilitate a disabled traveler along with its wheel chair too.
Since June, 2001 the airports have made special provisions at departures and arrival areas to cater to the needs of travellers requiring special attention.
With all the above mentioned tips and information in hand, it will definitely become much easier for you to plan a vacation or a trip to Dubai. It is definitely a must see for adventure lovers and for those who want to relax with family or alone .Dubai has exotic beaches, great shopping destinations and exciting nightlife to suit the taste of one and all. As Dubai is a tax free state one can have the pleasure of shop till drop over here. There are plenty of jobs here and people earn good money especially if they belong to US, UK or Australia.